Rousseau Farming Company located, in the Phoenix metro area, has been in business for over thirty years. The Rousseau family has been farming in the Phoenix area since 1892. We are proud to provide fresh and healthy conventional and organic produce for families nation-wide. Rousseau Farming has been ranked as a top 10 Southwest Farm on Growing Produce’s Top 100 Growers. We are currently searching for a Food Safety Field Assessment/Product Sampler Assistant.
This position will report to our Scottsdale farming operations. If you are interested in joining a team of agriculture professionals, we would love to hear from you!
This position will assist our Food Safety department with the day to day requirements of food safety procedures, documentation and assisting the food safety coordinators at the field level.
Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Sample collecting of water, soil and products at various locations
· Conduct Pre-plant and pre-harvest assessments
· Monitoring that food safety procedures and documentation are being followed, problem solving as relates to food safety issues, and assisting with compliance of HACCP
· Record and file all related food safety documents for farm and harvesting crews
· Document and coordinate implementation of all needed corrective actions from assessments
· High School Diploma or GED
· Must be able to pass a drug screen and have a satisfactory driving record per Company policy
· Good organizational and record keeping skills required
· Must be able to work independently
· Must have own vehicle – will be paid mileage
· This position would require 20-30 hours per week, to include some Saturdays
· Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
· Interns welcome to apply