Responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for admission to the school in accordance with state and federal accreditation and company policies and regulations, consistent with the highest ethical standards. The Admissions Representative is responsible for managing time and inquiry resources to generate interest in our programs. This position will conduct a high quantity of prospect phone contacts to secure appointments and interview activity, and conduct follow-up activity with unresolved interviewees and future class applicants. Incumbent must assure the South philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, students services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
- Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon career goal compatibility.
- Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis for Campus Admissions Head.
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
- Assist other personnel and departments with data collection and problem solving.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Campus Admissions Head Interacts With: Outside clients (potential students and their parents), staff and faculty
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field is REQUIRED.
- 0-2 years admissions recruitment or non-durable goods sales experience.
- Possess a sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and highly ethical.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Continuous learning
- Personal Adaptability
- Job Knowledge
- Student Focus/Service
- Problem Solving
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.